Agile Portfolio Management: Unlocking business agility challenges
16 October 2017
PM-Partners group are proud to be the exclusive Australian Sponsor of Agile Portfolio Management Launch in Australia.
Portfolio management is the practice of decision-making that enables organisations to prioritise and execute the optimum blend of initiatives that deliver business value.
Striving for new levels of business agility, running Agile at scale, doing more with less – but faster – all requires portfolio management, and whilst many organisations have the practice embedded, they still face challenges such as:
- Fixed long-term plans and budgets which make it difficult to incorporate change and ensure the right things are done at the right time
- Rigid strategy definition which can unnecessarily limit organisational effectiveness caused by too much detail in plans too early and very little opportunity to test and change the strategy day-to-day
- Strategy and portfolio decisions which often do not take into account the views of all stakeholders
- Business cases which are rarely validated and challenged
- Appetite for committing to change, which exceeds capacity to deliver change
- Poor Management Information (MI) which leads to poor decision making
Agile Portfolio Management from the Agile Business Consortium is designed to address these challenges.
Barbara Roberts, Director for Professional Development at the Agile Business Consortium, will be presenting this session.
The Australia Launch is a PMPartner event, due to high demand and limited places this is an invitation only event.
Look out for the European launch later this year.
Attendance at this seminar allows participants who have PMP® certification with the PMI® to claim 1 Professional Development Unit (PDU). Participants who currently hold certification under the AIPM’s RegPM program are also able to claim 1 continuous Professional Development (CPD) point by attending.