Agile Portfolio Management, the latest publication from the Agile Business Consortium.
Read, watch and explore more about the portfolio release.
What is Agile Portfolio Management?
Portfolio management enables organisations to select, prioritise and execute the optimum blend of change initiatives that deliver business value by coordinating processes and decision-making.
Many organisations using portfolio management still have challenges which an Agile approach can resolve, such as:
- Difficulty incorporating change and ensuring the right things are done at the right time due to fixed long-term plans and budgets
- Limited organisational effectiveness caused by over-detailed early-stage planning, and lack of day-to-day testing of the strategy
- Failure to consider stakeholders, especially those closest to changes, in strategy and portfolio decisions
- Insufficient challenging or validating of business cases
- Appetite for change which exceeds the capacity to deliver it
- Poor decision-making due to poor Management Information
Agile Portfolio Management from the Agile Business Consortium has been specifically designed to address these challenges.